[R-sig-Geo] Global or local variogram model

piero campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 15:49:45 CET 2010

Hi,
this is not a technical question, and maybe I shouldn't post it here.

Anyway, let's say you have several georeferenced datasets of a same variable
to be interpolated, each one representing different days, for example.
Is it better to compute "offline" a unique variogram model over the WHOLE
amount of data, or should I compute a different model for each dataset?

Thank you.
Cheers,
Piero