[R-sig-Geo] Differing pch symbols for categorical data in spplot

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 22:12:27 CET 2010

Hi Lee,

Here's a neat way to do that (with fake data, since it doesn't actually have
anything to do with polygons):

pointclass <- c(1, 2, 1, 1, 3, 2)

classcol <- c("red", "blue", "green")
classpch <- c(5, 17, 3)

plot(1:6, 1:6, col=classcol[pointclass], pch=classpch[pointclass])

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org