[R-sig-Geo] spatial clusters

dorina.lazar dorina.lazar at econ.ubbcluj.ro
Mon Dec 20 10:29:48 CET 2010

Dear all,

Finally, with your help, I make some progress to apply SKATER algorithm to
European countries.

Here is the R code, following the example from  spdep package pdf:

> country<-wrld_simpl[wrld_simpl$ISO3%in%c("AZE", "ALB", "ARM", "BIH",
"BGR", "CYP", "DNK", "IRL", "EST", "AUT", "CZE", "FIN",  "FRA", "GEO",
"DEU", "GRC", "HRV", "HUN", "ISL", "ITA", "LVA", "BLR", "LTU", "SVK",
"LIE", "MLT", "BEL", "AND",  "LUX", "MCO", "NLD", "NOR", "POL", "PRT",
"ROU", "MDA", "RUS", "SVN"),]
> ske<-spCbind(country, rclasif)
> ske at data
> de <- data.frame(scale(ske at data[13]))   #col 13 contains the health
indicator (from rclasif)
> nbe <- poly2nb(country)
> ce <- nbcosts(nbe, de)
> le <- nb2listw(nbe, ce, style="B", zero.policy=TRUE)
Error in nb2listw(nbe, ce, style = "B", zero.policy = TRUE) :
neighbours and glist do not conform

I mention that:
-	at "nbe", appears the message:  6 regions with no links: CYP DNK HRV ISL
MLT SWE
-	"ce" contain a lot of NA
If you have some ideas about the cause of this Error, please help me to
finalize my exercise on SKATER algoritm.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Dorina

exchange<http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/Guam-island-map-td4969467.html#a4972725>and

http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/eea-reference-grids/zipped-shape-file-finland