[R-sig-Geo] Generalized Hierarchical Multivariate CAR Models for Areal Data

stefan.duke at gmail.com stefan.duke at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 18:54:38 CET 2010

Hello,

I have mortality data and I would like to analyze them using a
"Generalized Hierarchical Multivariate CAR Models for Areal Data" as
described by Jin, X., Carlin, B.P., and Banerjee, S. (2005). They
published also code in OpenBugs (which I think is very helpful of them
and should be standard).

But I  have no experience with OpenBugs and wonder if this (or a
similar) model can be estimated in R? I think the spBayes package does
something along those line but  not only for Point Referenced data and
not areal data (as I have it).

Thanks for any hint!
Best,
Stefan