[R-sig-Geo] nugget in variogram

piero campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:42:40 CET 2010

Hi,
I am trying to fit my first variograms.
I'm however noticing some weird behaviour I cannot explain.
I'm a 100% newbie.

- without setting a nugget element (so that it should be implicitly 0, isn't
it? In fact the resulting variogram has 0 nugget), the psill and range of
the fitted variogram don't change on different psill inputs.
- If I explicitly set a nugget to 0, then actually the nugget is no more 0,
but higher.
- I tried also setting the fit.sills booleans to TRUE or FALSE to see what
would change, but the output does not really care about it.

Does someone have any hint about this?

Thank you.
Regards,
Piero