[R-sig-Geo] OSgeo live DVD

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 13:35:01 CET 2010

Hi All,

 I had an email from the OSGeo Live DVD maintainer today requesting
updates for R on the next release of the DVD. It seems I put my name
down to help out with it a while back. Actually, the named contacts
are:

Ned Horning, Barry Rowlingson, Massimo di Steffano, Alex Mandel

 Just wondered if anyone else was interested in helping with it? The
task is mostly just writing some docs and specifying versions, but its
a good opportunity to get spatial data handling in R out to the rest
of the world. Some nice examples wouldn't go amiss to go into the
'quickstart' document for R (which currently doesnt exist).

SVN of the doc tree is here:

https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/

Barry