[R-sig-Geo] problem creating point pattern class object with spatstat package

zbynek.janoska at centrum.cz zbynek.janoska at centrum.cz
Wed Dec 1 12:12:00 CET 2010

I have troubles creating ppp object in spatstat using spatstat package.
I would like to upload some lidar data and convert them to ppp, but error
occured.
I am working with dataset lidar, consisnting of two columns (x and y
coordinates)

> x1 <- min(lidar[,1])-1
> x2 <- max(lidar[,1])+1
> y1 <- min(lidar[,2])-1
> y2 <- max(lidar[,2])+1
> owin1 <- owin(c(x1,x2),c(y1,y2))

so far it works well and I can also plot owin object

> ppp1 <- ppp(lidar[,1],lidar[,2],owin1)
Error in owin(...) :
  If one of xrange, yrange is specified then both must be.

I can not get past this error.
I have succesfully created owin1 - window of class owin, but i can not use
it to create ppp object

Does anyone see what mistake I have done?
Possibly it is something very easy, but I am quite new to R.

Thanks,
Zbynek