[R-sig-Geo] intamap: mixed anisotropy

seba sebastiano.trevisani at libero.it
Wed Apr 21 10:26:45 CEST 2010

Dear Edzer and Giannis

Thank you for your reply. I think that I should
subscibe to intamap-info list considering
that I'm using extensively some of the intamap
functions....and sooner or later I think
to use them in my geostatistics courses.

Ok, so you confirm that is limited to geometric
anistropy. Now I'll try to check
what the routine do in presence of mixed
anisotropy; as I mentioned earlier I have the fealing (coming
from using it with very heterogenous, from the
spatial variability point of view, data sets) that
the anisotropy ratio coming out is meaningfull
also in case of zonal/mixed anisotropy (at least for my task
that is for spatial variability carachterization
and not for conducting interpolation with kriging). I'm going
to check it.
Thank you again for your help

Sebastiano