[R-sig-Geo] caught segfault?!

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Apr 12 18:26:22 CEST 2010

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, joel dinis wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I'm currently using R-GRASS GIS
> interface and I get an error when I'm trying
> to read a vector through readVECT6:
>
>> area <- readVECT6("area1")
>
> *** caught segfault ***
> address (nil), cause 'memory not mapped'

Which platform are you using?

Can you do v.out.ogr on area1, and try to recreate the error reading
directly reading with readOGR?

Do you have the GRASS GDAL plugin installed (I believe that you do as the
traceback (thanks for including it!) has layer="1"), and if so does
running:

area <- readVECT6("area1", plugin=FALSE)

make a difference? If it makes a difference, there is a problem with the
GRASS GDAL plugin. Please report back on this list, or the lower-volume
statgrass list.

Hope this helps,

Roger