[R-sig-Geo] RSAGA, Bayes' Theorem and summary stats

Alexander Brenning brenning at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 30 23:00:45 CEST 2009

Hi Steve,

I recommend checking the data type of all involved rasters in SAGA GIS (GUI) itself, maybe one of the grids involved is integer so everything gets rounded to zero? After loading a grid into SAGA GIS, select it in the 'Data' tab of the 'Workspace' window, and examine the 'Description' in the 'Object Properties' window. There's a 'Value Type' attribute, which should be FLOAT.
If mixed data types (float, integer) are involved in your grid calculus call, changing the order may help.

Also, try splitting the formula into several calls to be able to track intermediate results. And if things are still puzzling, do some simple operations to really see what's going on.

And finally, the SAGA forum on SourceForge may provide help on SAGA GIS (there's also a bug tracker, in case this is a bug).
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/forums/forum/790705

I hope this helps
 Alex