[R-sig-Geo] Contours and shape

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Sep 23 22:08:32 CEST 2009

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, kapo coulibaly wrote:

> Is it possible to contour a grid and export the result as an ESRI shapefile?

Yes, see ContourLines2SLDF() in the maptools package. Then your choice of
writeOGR() in rgdal or writeSpatialShape() in maptools.

> as a side question how do I search this mailing list?

Until recently, RSiteSearch() also searched the archives of this list.
Regretably, the increasing volume of the main R lists, and the growth in
the number of CRAN packages has led to this facility being withdrawn. An
alternative is to use the Nabble search engine on this list (the full
archive back to 2003 is present):

http://n2.nabble.com/R-sig-geo-f2731867.html

or Gmane:

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.geo