[R-sig-Geo] rgdal binary for MAC OS 10.5 ?

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:14:43 CET 2009

Hi Agus,

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a binary version of rgdal for MAC OS 10.5 ? We could
> not locate any with the Mac GUI for R.
> Otherwise, is it very difficult to compile? Are there directions
> anywhere?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Agus

Check out
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software:frameworks
to find a binary zip file for rgdal. It may not be the very latest version.
It is under the GDAL section.

There is a read me file that explains what to do to install it from the GUI.
I have GRASS on my machine so already had the frameworks that it needs.
The whole thing is a little confusing but if I can do it I am sure that you can.

Let me know how it goes...
Michael

Michael Denslow

Graduate Student & Adjunct Instructor
I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Department of Biology
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina U.S.A.
-- AND --
Communications Manager
Southeast Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
sernec.org

36.214177, -81.681480 +/- 3103 meters