[R-sig-Geo] Spatiotemporal data analysis

simplemorgs at mighty.co.za simplemorgs at mighty.co.za
Wed Oct 28 14:13:45 CET 2009

Hi,
I am interested to know if anyone is aware of or have developed any
software which can analyse both spatial and temporal  animal movements
with regard to environmental variables.

I am wanting to see which environmental variables ( I have about 20 of
them) influence different settling periods of a population of recently
released animals. The model I am looking for would ultimatley need to
identify different periods based on the animals changes in selection or
influence of variables on their locations over time since release. All
location data is spaced by a day or more, thereby removing factors of
autocorrelation.

Regards
Simon Morgan

PhD candidate, University of KwaZulu-Natal.