[R-sig-Geo] Univeral kriging

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Mon Oct 26 14:34:55 CET 2009

Tankiso,

Here is some tips:
- make your code such that cut and paste works for us; for me, the ^2
below is vanished (and interpreted as superscript right away, I don't
know why)
- you didn't test your code, as the function inv does not exist
- your code doesn't compute the kriging variance
- the code is very hard to read, and uncommented, so we have to guess
what you want (first order linear trend in the coordinates?)
- use functions if you want to make something generic
- write and use functions such that matrices are allowed, e.g. for g()
you can pass a matrix vector; don't write loops over the individual elements
- If you want to solve Ax=b, write solve(A,b) instead of solve(A) %*% b.
- if you want to find out if your code works, don't post it here but
compare your output with that obtained from packages that do universal
kriging such as fields, geoR or gstat.
--
Edzer