[R-sig-Geo] Marking Locations on Geophysical map

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:37:32 CEST 2009

Ogbos,
I cannot see the map (access denied), but you can accomplish this by
creating a point for each symbol location. You can use the "click"
function (raster package) to make this interactive. Then add the
points to the map using points( ). For different symbols, have a look
at the cex argument under ?points. You could also add text using a
point with  text(c(x,y), 'hello world'). Also see ?arrows.
Robert