[R-sig-Geo] variogram estimation with adaptive sampling weights

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue Oct 20 12:56:07 CEST 2009

Hi John,

I recently wrote a variogram fitting routine using the R function
optim(). It works together with gstat. It is quite straightforward to
write you own goal function for optim(), including the weights to use in
the fitting. Send me an e-mail offlist if you need the code and some
examples.

cheers,
Paul

Drs. Paul Hiemstra