[R-sig-Geo] Export of an irregular grid

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue Oct 20 12:51:28 CEST 2009

Poizot Emmanuel wrote:
> Dear all,
Hi Emmanuel,

> after interpolation with the gstat package, I created a grid of class
> SpatialGridDataFrame.
> The grid is not regular.
How did you construct a SGDF then? Why is the grid not regular? Why not
make it regular? If the outcome is a SpatialPointsDataFrame, dump it as
an ascii file using write.table (like Robert suggested). But how to
export the data also depends on what you want to do with it afterwards.
> I tried to export it with write.asciigrid function but didn't succed,
> I suppose because of the non-regularity of my grid.
What error did you get? Look at the output of traceback() right after
the error.
> How can I turn around that problem ?
Provide use with more info (also look at sessionInfo()) and maybe a
reproducible example.

cheers,
Paul

> Emmanuel Poizot