[R-sig-Geo] Determining a coordinate given another coordinate, a great circle distance, and an angle

Harry Kim harryk at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 8 08:27:13 CEST 2009

Hey Tom!

     It's great to hear from you :).  I did think about using a UTM
projection but the region of interest (Turkey) is too big. It requires
6 UTM zones to cover it and if the point is around the boundary i
thought that it would create some problems. I wasn't aware of other
distance/area preserving projections. I will take a look at the zip
file on your website. For some reason radicalcartography website isn't
working for me.

Thanks again for the detailed code tom!
Hope things are going well for you.

P.S: The pyramids were awesome but i thought Petra was better :-D.
http://www.facebook.com/cardboy?ref=profile#/album.php?aid=2477670&id=1204683&op=6
http://www.facebook.com/cardboy?ref=profile#/album.php?aid=2481932&id=1204683&op=6