[R-sig-Geo] Importing ESRI Shapefile into RSAGA

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Fri Oct 2 11:54:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

A quick google showed that SAGA supports the GDAL library for data
import and export. This library should (specifically the OGR part)
supports ESRI shapefile (http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_shapefile.html). So
I think you must be more specific on which commands you used to try and
load the shapefile, which version of RSAGA, R, SAGA you are using. If
you have GDAL installed, if so, which version. Check if that version
supports shapefiles, if not, get a version that does.

cheers,
Paul

von Rütte Jonas wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I have a more general problem
>
> Is there a way to import ESRI shapfiles into RSAGA?
>
> And if yes how can I then import it to SAGA GIS since it seems to not support the ESRI format.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Jonas
>
> Soil and Terrestrial Environmental Physics
>
> ETH Zurich
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Drs. Paul Hiemstra
Department of Physical Geography