[R-sig-Geo] Creating borders.-

Freddy López folopez at ivic.ve
Thu Oct 1 05:25:51 CEST 2009

Hello folks,

I'm working with geostatistics data and I'm using mainly geoR library.
Now, in some examples, is useful to use the 'borders' to delimitate
our kriging process, e.g., in the krige.conv() function. To steal a
Ribeiro & Diggle's example
(http://leg.ufpr.br/geoR/tutorials/aula050819.R), we have some lines
such as

>Ksat.in <- krige.conv(Ksat, loc=grid0, borders=Ksat$borders,krige=krige.control(obj=Ksat.ef))
>image(Ksat.in, col=gray(seq(1, 0.1, l=21)))

in which is nice to have Ksat$borders because we can have our
prediction inside of these borders (and it looks better).

Now, suppose we have an object of the class geodata but it has not got borders.

We can visualisate I'm saying with a little modification of latter example

> Ksat.in <- krige.conv(coords=Ksat$coords,data=Ksat$data, loc=grid0,krige=krige.control(obj=Ksat.ef))
> image(Ksat.in, col=gray(seq(1, 0.1, l=21)))

which looks as an rectangle with no reference to something.

That's my problem: I have an object of the class geodata (indeed, is a
worked shapefile, because I'm treating with counties) and I have done
all good up to the kriging stage because I don't know how to extract
or create borders. I mean, I can get a rectangular kriging, but it is
not the aim.

Again, excuse my clumsy english.

Thanks.

--
'qué importa la tristeza si hubo en el tiempo
alguien que se dijo feliz,'

JL Borges