[R-sig-Geo] Indicator Kriging R/gstat

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Sun Nov 29 21:09:50 CET 2009

Pete, for the universal kriging case I don't believe that indicator
theory allows what you want to do. See also

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2009-May/005701.html

If you disagree, could you please let me know why, or where you found
indications that this can be done?

For ordinary kriging, usually values outside [0,1] are set back to their
nearest allowed value. The degree to which they will be outside [0,1]
also depends on the variogram used -- Gaussian variograms being
notorously suspect.
--
Edzer