[R-sig-Geo] A new ASTER Global DEM data set

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Tue Nov 24 15:38:48 CET 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:41:59 +0100 Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl at huftis.org>
wrote:
> > Another package I find useful for shaded views of spatial data is the rgl
> > package.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. It looks even better than the 'persp'
> solution.

Just one additional note, for people wanting to use 'persp' and
'surface3d' for plotting maps: The 'col' argument differs between
'persp' and 'surface3d'. For 'persp', it specifies the colour of the
facets, so it should have (nrow-1)*(ncol-1) values. For 'surface3d' it
specifies the colours of the vertices, so it should have nrow*ncol
values.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer