[R-sig-Geo] Risks as hazardous (false positive) and safe (false negative)

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Mon Nov 23 16:47:36 CET 2009

(replying to the list)

Well, if you're willing to accept the indicator kriging values as
estimates of these probabilities, you're essentially done. Of course,
the kriged values can be outside [0, 1], so you need to deal with that.

Best regards,
--
Edzer

Zia Ahmed wrote:
> Dear Edzer,
>
> Thanks for your replay. I have done IK of water arsenic using
> quantiles of the data. I want to do   miss classification  of my risk
> that  proposed  by  Goovaerts.
> Two misclassification  of risks are proposed by Goovaerts (1997) based
> on ccdf model F(*u*;z_k |(n)) of Z(*u*)?Z_k .
>

> 1.       The risk ?(*u*) of incorrectly classified a location u as
> hazardous (false positive):
>
> ?(*u*) = Prob{Z(*u*) ?z_c |z*_L (u) > Z_c , (n)}
>
>        = F(*u*;z_c |(n))
>
> Where z*_L (u) is the estimator.
>
> 2.       The risk ?(u)  wrongly classified a location u as safe (false
> negative)
>
> ?(*u*) = Prob{Z(*u*) > z_c |z*_L (u) ? Z_c , (n)}
>
>       = 1- F(*u*;z_c |(n))
>

> Ref: Goovaerts, P (1997). Geostatistics for Natural Resource
> Evaluation, pp: 259-368
>

> Zia
>
> Edzer Pebesma wrote:
>> Dear Zia,
>>
>> If you mean by Goovaerts (1997) his 483 page book "Geostatistics for
>> Natural Resource Evaluation", then please give us a bit more precise
>> detail on what you want (which page? which equation?)
>> --
>> Edzer
>>
>> Zia Ahmed wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is it possible in gstat to get misclassification  of risks as
>>> hazardous (false positive) and safe (false negative) as describe by
>>> Goovaerts (1997)  from parametric or non-parametric probability

--
Edzer Pebesma
8333081, Fax: +49 251 8339763 http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de/
http://www.springer.com/978-0-387-78170-9 e.pebesma at wwu.de