[R-sig-Geo] gstat to dem

Ashton Shortridge ashton at msu.edu
Sun Nov 22 19:04:51 CET 2009

On Sunday 22 November 2009 06:38:53 Julius Tesoro wrote:
> Hello R-People,
>
> I always read about importing DEM to R but how about converting R data to
>  DEM? I have an interpolated SpatialPixelsDataFrame generated by gstat and
>  want to export this as a DEM file. Are there tutorials for these?
>
> Advanced thanks for the help.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Julius Tesoro

There are several choices. write.asciigrid in the sp package might be all you
need. Similar functionality is in writeAsciiGrid in maptools. If not, check
out the rgdal package, which can handle a number of raster data formats.

Yours,

Ashton

--
Ashton Shortridge
Associate Professor			ashton at msu.edu
Dept of Geography			http://www.msu.edu/~ashton
235 Geography Building		ph (517) 432-3561
Michigan State University		fx (517) 432-1671