[R-sig-Geo] Multiple predictors for external drift kriging

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed Nov 11 09:16:37 CET 2009

Tomislav Hengl wrote:

> depth_uk <- krige(z~ cos_aspect.asc+gradient.asc, locations=water,
> newdata=grids, model=vgm_depth_r)
although this of course works, I always endorse to use e.g.

depth_uk <- krige(z~ cos_aspect.asc+gradient.asc, water, grids,
vgm_depth_r)

i.e., without named arguments; the "locations" remains from an attempt
to be pre-sp compatibel while using generic methods at the same time; it
should have been named "data". Changing this now would, I'm afraid,
break too much what's already out there.

--
Edzer Pebesma
8333081, Fax: +49 251 8339763 http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de/
http://www.springer.com/978-0-387-78170-9 e.pebesma at wwu.de