[R-sig-Geo] Help importing ascii DTM with no data values for Kriging with External Drift

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed Nov 4 14:51:43 CET 2009

Tobin Cara wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having problems with kriging an ascii file DTM from ArcGIS which has many -9999 (no data) values. Do these normally have to be removed first? I want to make the elevation DTM the predictor base for kriging with external drift.

the nodata values should be automatically converted, as the header
defines them.
> My code is the following:
> elev <- read.asciigrid("elev.asc", as.image=FALSE, plot.image=TRUE)
> str(elev)
> elev_ked <- krige(meanRain~Zloc, locations=meanRain, newdata=elev, model=fitted_vario)

This assumes that something called Zloc is available both in meanRain
and in elev, which is unlikely in your case.

Try to make a habit of using the formulation

elev_ked <- krige(meanRain~Zloc, meanRain, elev, fitted_vario)

i.e., without named arguments.