[R-sig-Geo] Rotating hexagonal grid

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon May 11 21:56:34 CEST 2009

The last example in the help page for the my.symbols function in the TeachingDemos package shows a way to hand build a hexagonal grid, rotating this 90 degrees would not be difficult (interfacing it with whatever other tools you are using in sp may or may not be depending on what you are trying to do).

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center