[R-sig-Geo] converting raster into grid shapefile

Alexandre VILLERS alexandre.villers at cebc.cnrs.fr
Mon May 4 15:06:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm currently working on MODIS data. The aim is to identify through
spectral varitions across time crop type on a large region.
For that purpose, I have the type of crop on all plots of a 500 squared
km study area (plot locations with a max of 10 m error) as a ESRI shapefile.
I already converted MODIS data as geotif for each spectral band of
interest with the MODIS reprojection tool (see
http://spatial-analyst.net/wiki/index.php?title=Download_and_resampling_of_MODIS_images
for more details). I would like to get the % of each crop under each
pixel (250 m wide) of the raster data for further analysis.
I would know how to do that with ArcGis, given an appropriate grid
shapefile fitted on the raster. I would so be able (I hope) to work with
grid number to isolate the ones of interest.
Does anyone see how to create such a grid shapefile, or better, to run
the whole stuff with R ?

Best regards

Alex

--