[R-sig-Geo] Problem reading in polygon shapefile with readShapePoly

Steven J. Pierce pierces1 at msu.edu
Mon Jun 22 16:15:20 CEST 2009

Roger,

I'll send you a link off-list to where you can download a zip file with
those files. In the meantime, here's a bit of context about the source of
the data: The parcel data originates from the office of a small city's tax
assessor. The PIN column in the .DBF file contains what is supposed to be a
unique ID for each parcel of land. The rest of the data largely contain the
info about the address of the property represented by the parcel, the zoning
codes and property class for the parcel, and info about the taxpayer
responsible for the property taxes on that parcel.

Thank you for your assistance.

Steven J. Pierce
Center for Statistical Training & Consulting (CSTAT)
Michigan State University