[R-sig-Geo] spgrass6 and R 2.9

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jun 5 10:55:30 CEST 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> On Monday 01 June 2009, Roger Bivand wrote:

>>> Hi Torleif, thanks for the tips.
>>>
>>> I just updated my libc, and tried the MALLOC_CHECK trick-- neither fixed
>>> the problem. Still get the same error... Very strange, as I did not
>>> encounter this problem on a very similar machine.
>>>
>>> Could this have anything to do with configure arguments such as -march ?
>>
>> You haven't told us what your underlying system is, or how you installed
>> R. If you built R from source, did you run "make check"? Does the problem
>> arise installing other packages? It most likely is something on your
>> system, otherwise there would be lots of reports of the same.
>>
>> Roger
>
> Right. Should have been a little less hasty about posting to the list. R has
> been built from source, spgrass6 was accessed from CRAN via
> install.packages(). This problems has not occurred at anyother time while
> updating packages that were installed under R 2.7.
>
> 1. make check (R 2.9.0): OK
>
> 2. sessionInfo()
> R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
> i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> locale:
> LC_CTYPE=en_US;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US;LC_COLLATE=en_US;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=en_US;LC_PAPER=en_US;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
>
> attached base packages:
>
> Is there any way that I can do a 'make check' type of operation with the
> latest spgrass6 from CRAN?

Yes, do R CMD check spgrass6_0.6-6.tar.gz. When building R, are you
setting the architecture flags manually? Have you tried letting R sort
things out for itself? Could you try R CMD check rgdal (from the source
tarball)? Could you try:

R -d gbd

and then a traceback after install fails? Otherwise we are left with
non-random cosmic rays as the explanation?

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no