[R-sig-Geo] missing county in maps

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Jun 4 18:05:15 CEST 2009

I don't know how to change the map for the maps package.  But the maptools package (and sp) will read and plot shape files.  2 possible sources for shapefiles that may have the more current counties are:

http://www.census.gov/geo/www/maps/ (http://www.census.gov/geo/cob/bdy/co/co00shp/co35_d00_shp.zip)
http://www.cloudmade.com/ (http://downloads.cloudmade.com/north_america/united_states/new_mexico/new_mexico.shapefiles.zip)

hope this helps,

--