[R-sig-Geo] Trip - time spent plot

Claire Tancell ct357 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 16:48:04 CEST 2009

I am trying to use the "trip" package to generate a map of time spent from
a SpatialPointsDataFrame object using the tripGrid function and am having
difficulty generating the final plot. The documentation seems to say that
tripGrid generates a grid, carries out an interpolation, bins these
interpolated points, and then counts the points allocated to each grid but
it is not clear how to generate the final plot. Plotting the output of
tripGrid just plots the grid itself. Does anyone have experience of using
this package and advise me on how to generate the final time-spent plot?