[R-sig-Geo] spgrass6 and R 2.9

Dylan Beaudette debeaudette at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 1 20:14:05 CEST 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009, Torleif Markussen Lunde wrote:
> Hi
>
> First try updating glibc, and install spgrass6 again. If this does not work
> you could try
>
> export MALLOC_CHECK_=0
>
> before you start R. The error might be related to "somewhere something" is
> trying to free memory that has already been unallocated. I don't know the
> details here, but it could be worth a try?
>
> Best wishes
> Torleif

Hi Torleif, thanks for the tips.

I just updated my libc, and tried the MALLOC_CHECK trick-- neither fixed the
problem. Still get the same error... Very strange, as I did not encounter
this problem on a very similar machine.

Could this have anything to do with configure arguments such as -march ?

Cheers,
Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette