[R-sig-Geo] Forcing GWR to the origin

Jean-Paul Kibambe Lubamba jean-paul.kibambe at uclouvain.be
Mon Jun 1 11:16:45 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am running the following which is meaningfull for my purposes than an
OLS with Intercept and gives me better results:

datalm<- lm(y~x1 + x2 + x3 + x4 -1, data=data)

I know wonder if I can run a gwr of the model above, forcing the Intercept
coefficients to be zero at all locations. That is to say:

data.bw <- gwr.sel(y ~ x1 + x2 + x3 + x4 -1 , data=data,
coords=cbind(data$x, data$y))

data.gwr <- gwr(y ~ x1 + x2 + x3 + x4 -1, data=data, coords=cbind(data$x,
data$y), bandwidth=data.bw, longlat=FALSE, hatmatrix=TRUE)

Does GWR still meaningfull when it ran with 0 as the Intercept?

Any comment is welcome and thanks in advance!

Jean-Paul Kibambe