[R-sig-Geo] Remove duplicates objects

Jean-Paul Kibambe Lubamba jean-paul.kibambe at uclouvain.be
Tue Jul 21 18:20:08 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have a huge polyline file (slightly less than 2.10^6 objects) containing
some geographically duplicated objects. I tried to post some topological
rules using a GIS but due to the large number of objects, topology
validation and correction take a very long time.

So, I was thinking that may be there is a way to remove duplicate objects
using R and even for a huge file, it could take less time than using a
GIS.

Does anyone know how I could handle this ?

Any help is welcome ! Thanks in advance.

Jean-Paul