[R-sig-Geo] Slope and Aspect calculations in R

Josh London josh.london at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 9 19:20:42 CEST 2009

Hello

We are looking to mimic, in R, the slope (max magnitude difference
between a cell and its neighbors) and aspect (direction of maximum
magnitude difference) functions found in ESRI's Spatial Analyst package.
We were just about to code up the slope function but thought I would
make sure we weren't re-inventing any wheels already out there.

Thanks
Josh

--
Josh M. London, PhD

Wildlife Biologist
Polar Ecosystem Program
National Marine Mammal Lab
Alaska Fisheries Science Center, NOAA Fisheries
Seattle, WA

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not
necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.