[R-sig-Geo] Feature Extraction - object based image analysis

rick reeves reeves at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 27 19:16:40 CET 2009

If, by 'feature extraction', the colleague refers to classifying the
raster imagery pixels into discrete categores (e.g., vegetation types),
I would suggest looking at the 'r.' and 'i.' components of  GRASS GIS,
which of course integrates well with R.

Hope this helps.
Rick R

--
Rick Reeves
Scientific Programmer/Analyst and Data Manager