[R-sig-Geo] Point pattern analysis

Tom Petersen tomp at infra.kth.se
Tue Feb 17 00:41:05 CET 2009

Michael,

Although your points might seem cluttered (are there reasons to believe that
they shouldn't be?), you should still check what your spatial resolution is,
and if there are several restaurants occupying the same coordinates - in that
case, only the first one will be considered on import. I experienced that in
spatstat with my dataset with a resolution of 250 m.

If this is the case, one solution is to "wiggle" the data by adding uniform
random disturbances to both coordinates, with amplitude = half the resolution
(e.g. in my case a uniform distribution over [-125,125]).

/Tom
Tom Petersen
Transport- och lokaliseringsanalys
Skolan för arkitektur och samhällsbyggnad
Teknikringen 78 B
KTH, 100 44 Stockholm
Tfn 08-790 68 33, 070-424 00 75