[R-sig-Geo] Interpolcation option: IDW or OK?

Yong Li yong.li at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Feb 8 07:58:18 CET 2009

Hi ALL,

I have been with the attached dataset and R code to use OK to
interpolate soil OLSEN P spatial distribution for a couple of weeks. So
far I have not found a satisfactory solution using OK or local OK or
block OK, compared to IDW method. However theoretically OK is always
better than IDW as also a journal editor advised me in my submitted
manuscript.

Normally if we do not find a significant spatial structure for a soil
variable, we may choose IDW or other methods. How is your guys' opinion
on this or may you help me to find a better solution using OK with my
dataset?
I appreciate any help.

Regards

Yong Li