[R-sig-Geo] ArcView shape files and GeoBUGS

Tord Snäll tord.snall at ekol.slu.se
Thu Feb 5 11:16:42 CET 2009

Dear all,
I would like to read in ArcView (or ArcGIS) shape files from which I
will pick information if fitting a geostatistical model using WinBUGS.
In the GeoBUGS Used Manual it says
"GeoBUGS does not have an option for loading ArcView shape files
directly. However, Ms Yue Cui at the University of Minnesota has written
programs in Splus and R for converting shape files into the GeoBUGS
Splus format so that they can be loaded in GeoBUGS
(http://www.biostat.umn.edu/~yuecui/). "

Unfortunately this site is unavailable, and the Biostatstics homepage at
University of Minnesota does not say anything about neither BUGS nor Ms
Yue Cui.

Does anyone know whether this code has been included in any R library,
or does anyone know how to get in touch with Ms Yue Cui? I find some old
questions about this is the archive, but at that time no one seemed to
know about this.

Thanks,
Tord

--