[R-sig-Geo] How to crop a shapefile ?

Renaud Lancelot renaud.lancelot at cirad.fr
Thu Dec 17 18:47:05 CET 2009

Hi Baptiste,

I recently met a similar issue, and ended to the solution described here
(unfortunately, it's in French :-)):
ftp://ftp.cirad.fr/pub/group-r/groupe-r/Fiches/Foret.pdf

It uses point.in.polygon (package sp), and it is adapted to the special
case of the shapefile containing polygons. Perhaps you can adapt it for
polylines, possibly reversing the test (points of the lines falling into
the area of interest for you).

I would be interested to hear about any alternative / better solution.

All the best,

Renaud

--
Renaud Lancelot
EDEN Project, coordinator

UMR CIRAD-INRA "Contrôle des maladies animales exotiques et émergentes"
Joint research unit "Control of emerging and exotic animal diseases"

CIRAD, Campus International de Baillarguet TA A-DIR / B
F34398 Montpellier
http://www.cirad.fr  http://bluetongue.cirad.fr/

Tel.  +33 4 67 59 37 17  -  Fax  +33 4 67 59 37 95
Secr. +33 4 67 59 37 37  - Cell. +33 6 77 52 08 69