[R-sig-Geo] How to automatically fit variogram in gstat

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Mon Dec 14 11:06:38 CET 2009

Hi Kai,

If it improves depends on how you define improvement. If you want to use
IDW automatic you need to fit the distance power in some way. When you
fit the variogram automatically, you get this distance dependency of the
weights from the variogram. In regard to co-kriging, if there is a
strong correlation between the various pollutant measures (co-located)
co-kriging can be a good option.

cheers,
Paul

ps I included R-sig-geo again as a cc so the conversation is also on the
mailing list. It is best to use "Reply to all" when you reply to these
kind of e-mails.