[R-sig-Geo] transforming a 3d SpatialGridDataFrame into a mesh of some kind

Mark Connolly mark_connolly at acm.org
Wed Dec 9 14:10:48 CET 2009

I have a 3d SpatialGridDataFrame I created using krige (IDW).  I am
using rgl facilities to create an interactive plot of the points, but
I'd really like to have something more volumetric than points.  My copy
of the truly wonderful Applied Spatial Data Analysis with R (shameless
pander) is pretty mute on 3d.  Any hints on where I might find something
on transforming the points into a mesh?  Something I need to code for
myself?