[R-sig-Geo] spgrass6 and initGRASS

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sun Dec 6 09:50:51 CET 2009

Dear all,

I am trying to init a GRASS session from within R, using the function
initGRASS from the package spgrass6. GRASS is installed in two ways on
my computer (here, the OS is Windows XP): with QGIS metis (precompiled
version including grass 6.3 (2008)) and grass 6.4.0svn, just freshly
installed with the Osgeo4W installer.

In both cases I get the same result:

 > initGRASS("C:/Program Files/Quantum GIS/grass",home="U:/Documents and
Settings/pgiraudo",override=T)
Error in Sys.setenv(GISRC = gisrc) : wrong length for argument

 > initGRASS("C:/OSGeo4W/bin",home="U:/Documents and
Settings/pgiraudo",override=T)
Error in Sys.setenv(GISRC = gisrc) : wrong length for argument

Any idea about what happens ?

Patrick