[R-sig-Geo] optimizeNetwork function in intamapInteractive package (how to use auxiliary predictors)

Jon Olav Skoien j.skoien at geo.uu.nl
Wed Dec 2 09:54:27 CET 2009

Hi Tom,

it is great that you like the intamap-packages!
The optimization function could not use auxiliary predictors properly in
the version you tested, but there is now a new version on CRAN (it might
take some time before it is distributed) where it is possible to do what
you ask for.

Please note that there is an approximation in the function for
estimating the optimization criteria. It is in this implementation
necessary to know the auxiliary variables at the candidate locations,
and these are estimated from the prediction grid. This should for most
applications only have a minor effect.

There is an example in the documentation of optimizeNetwork.

Cheers,
Jon