[R-sig-Geo] majority filter for grids

"Häring, Tim (LWF)" Tim.Haering at lwf.bayern.de
Mon Aug 31 15:50:06 CEST 2009

Dear List,

I have a grid as SpatialGridDataFrame with a classified (nominal) attribute and I want to filter this grid in R with a majority filter. I searched the mailing list archive and googled around but I think I´m on the wrong track.
There are several filters for numeric attributes (mean, median, min, max, gaussian ...) but I didn`t find a way to filter a nominal attribute. I think there has to be a way to do this in R, because it is a day-to-day task in remote sensing.

Is there anybody in the R-Sig-Geo world who solved this problem?
I would be glad to have your explanation.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
TIM

Tim Häring
Bavarian State Institute of Forest Research
Department of Forest Ecology
Am Hochanger 11
D-85354 Freising

http://www.lwf.bayern.de