[R-sig-Geo] silly question on quadratcount in spatstat ?

Alexandre VILLERS alexandre.villers at cebc.cnrs.fr
Wed Aug 19 16:20:02 CEST 2009

Goodafternoon,

I did not find anything in the archives though I'm not sure I didn't
miss it. If we use this

library(spatstat)
data(humberside)
plot(humberside)
qH <- quadratcount(humberside, 5, 5)
plot(qH, add=TRUE, col="blue", cex=1.5, lwd=2)

There is obviously something wrong with the display of the count and I
was wondering if this was somehow related to the following question
qH gives a contingency table of counts on a 5 * 5 grid but there are
only 20 cells lying inside the owin. Why do we get value for cells
outside our observation window ?  I'm sure there is a way of getting a
vector for the cells observed it but I couldn't figure how. Is the
display problem related to this issue ?

Thanks for any hint

Alex

P.S.: I wanted to thank A. Baddeley and R. Turner for the spatstat
package and all the people helping with the development of spatial
analysis with R. We (users) always come with problems or questions on
the list but most of the time, everything works fine and we don't write
to the R SIG GEO for that !

--
Alexandre Villers
PhD Student