[R-sig-Geo] about a variogram

Marcia Muñoz marcarmu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 18:37:05 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I want to show this variograma to you and ask about the meaning.  These are
data of abundance of a tree species in the forest. I took the values
(abundance = # individuals) and transformed this abundance with root square
(to minimize the variance) for each point. I have 520 point from the forest,
many of them with zero because the species was absent. This variogram means
that there is no spatial pattern?. I fitted this variogram with corSphere or
corRatio models to get these parameters, range and nugget. I choose a model
with base on Akaike Information Criterion (AIC). I would like to use these
values (range) for my results, but I do not known if I am doing right this.
I just want to hear your opinion.

Thanks a lot for your help

Mar

--