[R-sig-Geo] R/Grass Interface

Nicholas N Nagle Nicholas.Nagle at Colorado.EDU
Mon Apr 13 23:55:00 CEST 2009

Dear list,
I am trying to load the spgrass6 library from within GRASS.  I am running R 2.8.0 and GRASS6.4 from within QGIS (i.e. Plugins -> GRASS -> Open Grass Tools -> Shell).

Here is the problem I am getting:
> library(spgrass6)
Error in system(paste("g.version", .addexe(), sep = ""), intern = TRUE) :
  g.version not found
In addition: Warning message:
package 'spgrass6' was built under R version 2.8.1
Error in library(spgrass6) : .First.lib failed for 'spgrass6'

The warning, is usual for me, and has not caused any problems in the past.

I don't know if this helps, but I also get:

> system("g.version")
Warning message:
In system("g.version") : g.version not found
> system("g.version.exe")
GRASS 6.4.0svn (2009)

so I CAN run g.version.exe, but not g.version.  Is this a problem for spgrass6?

Thanks,

Nicholas

Nicholas N. Nagle, Assistant Professor
University of Colorado