[R-sig-Geo] hscattergram between two different variables

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Fri Apr 10 10:18:56 CEST 2009

facrimas at libero.it wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I want to plot the cross hscattergram between two different variables.
>
> I used the following instruction:
>
> hscat(jura.pred$Cd~jura.pred$Zn, jura.pred, c(0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 1),
> alpha=c(0,45))
>
> where jura.pred$Cd and jura.pred$Ni are the two variables, but the result
> obtained is the same of the univariate case when I put 1 instead of jura.
> pred$Zn.
>
> Can you help me?

This cannot be done with hscat (package gstat), right now. It doesn't
say so explicitly, but from the description:

 formula: specifies the dependent variable

you could have understood that a single dependent variable is considered.

It doesn't seem terribly hard to program, either from scratch or
building upon the sources in package gstat.
--
Edzer
> Thanks
>
> Cristiano